7.28.2006

Bar exam wrap-up

So, the bar exam is over. Finished. Nothing but a very bad memory for all involved. And I couldn't be happier.

This time around it was more of an endurance test than anything for me. Let's put it this way: pregnant women should not be made to sit in hard, cold metal folding chairs for extended periods of time. Pretty sure it could be considered cruel and unusual punishment. My hips and lower back are killing me! It was not a pleasant experience. The only high point was that, by luck, my seat was VERY near a bathroom. That certainly was a godsend.

But now that it's all said and done, I don't have any real feelings about it, other than "who cares." Sure, it'll be great if I pass, but I have more important things to worry about now (baby on the way), other than whether or not I'll be lawyer by the end of the year. Yes, it would be great and all....but if it doesn't happen, well then I move on and find a full-time gig that doesn't require me to be a licensed attorney.

There are no more bar exams in my future. This was the last one. My sanity and the happiness of my family are far more important to me than a law license. And, I can find a job doing something else (I hope).

So, now I have a little more than 3 weeks before the fall semester begins. I have a syllabus to create and lesson plans to update...so I'm sure I'll be busy. And, there's always the on-going job search for that ever-elusive full-time gig....so if anyone knows of someone looking for a hard-working person with a journalism degree and a law degree, and who has experience as an association executive and a college-level instructor -- send them my way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment