8.02.2006

Hotter than hell

All right, it's official. It's damn hot outside. Yesterday's heat index was 107, today it was somewhere near 104.

I hate hot, humid nasty weather. It's the reason why I don't live in Florida (well, that and the bugs in Florida are much bigger and the old people down there make the road conditions that much more dangerous. Oh, and did I mention hurricanes?).

Anyway, I digress.

Because of this heat, I have essentially been a prisoner in my air-conditioned home for the past few days. It's too hot to go out for more than a few minutes. And when you do venture outside, it's like walking into a blast furnace. And in my current physical state, I hate the heat even more.

The weather forecasters say it's supposed to cool down soon. I hope they are right.

All I know is that fall cannot come soon enough. I am so over summer. I want the leaves to change (hey, I don't have to rake them), I want to wear long sleeve shirts (my fall maternity wardrobe is so much cuter than my summer wardrobe), and I want Halloween to be here!

But, on the up side, summer is good for one thing in these parts --- yummy sweet corn. Yep, that's right. Knee high by the 4th of July and so good to eat now.

Apparently, I was having a few cravings today when I escaped my house and went to the grocery store for milk, bread and eggs. I also ended up buying 4 ears of sweet corn, and the ingredients for BLT sandwiches....which was dinner tonight.

You just never know what little "Bean" is going to want to eat....and tonight it was BLTs and corn.

Yesterday, I had to have breadsticks and salad from the Olive Garden. Go figure.

So, yeah....I'm craving odd things like breadsticks and salad. Oh, and orange juice. That's my new favorite beverage. It all started last week at the bar exam. We had complimentary breakfast at the hotel every morning (the only high point of my days) and they had the best orange juice. I know it's full of sugar, but it's all full of very good vitamins that I'm sure Bean needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment