10.15.2008

Thanks for nothing!

So, I'm in the Starbucks drive-thru line this morning and there are 2 cars in front of me and about 6 cars behind me -- apparently making lattes is somewhat challenging at 8 a.m. and thus, the backup of cars.

Anyway....the driver at the window FINALLY gets her coffee and pays for it. When she gets her reciept/change I see her ask the 'barista' a question and then hand her more money.

The car in front of me pulls up to the window and Ms. Barista says "the car in front of you already paid for your coffee." And then, the guy gets his cup-o-joe and DRIVES AWAY.

So much for paying it forward.

Had that been me, I would have absolutely paid for the car behind me.

But no, Mr. Selfish-only-thinking-of-myself just drove off.

I kind of hope that he burned his tongue on his over-priced latte.

3 comments:

  1. Arrrg, that is annoying! Hopefully he spilled his coffee on his tie, so he had a reminder the rest of the day of how unthoughtful he was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the car in front of you realized he forgot his wallet so it was like an guardian angel thing that the woman ahead of him paid for him.

    Or maybe he was just a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't that be paying it backward?

    But the point is, he should've paid for yours.

    ReplyDelete