12.30.2009

Out with the old, in with the new (year)

Happy new year!

So, 2010 is just around the corner.
It seems like just yesterday we were all waiting for Y2K to set in and send us all back to the dark ages.....

Oh, who am I kidding.
It's been a really LONG 10 years.
And I'm ready to start the new decade.
[And here's a kicker - I am ending the decade the same way I started it -- unemployed! Don't you just love it?]

Everyone has been doing these big retrospectives, looking back at the good and the bad from the last 10 years, so I figured I'd join in the fun.

And so, in no particular order (and leaving out many things, I'm sure):

In the last 10 years I have .... met and married the love of my life, given birth to two beautiful daughters, worked at three different jobs (being fired from two due to the fact that I was pregnant, and losing one to the economy), taken and failed the Ohio bar exam seven times, been rejected for the Disney Mom's Panel three times, visited Los Angeles once and New York City three times, driven to Florida once, flown to Florida four times, visited Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel on my honeymoon, converted to Catholicism, started three blogs, created a Facebook page, deleted a MySpace page, started a Twitter account, become addicted to both Facebook and Twitter, bought my first Blackberry, read the Twilight series nearly 10 times [in just one year!], had zero car accidents, gone on more job interviews than I care to recall, made some incredible friends, been a bridesmaid in two weddings, moved four times (out of an apartment, into and out of a duplex, into Kevin's house, and then into our current house), gone to my first NFL game (Sept. 2001) my first MLB game (July 2001) and my first OSU game (Sept. 2008), adopted two cats and two dogs, watched the unthinkable happen on 9/11, not taken nearly enough vacations, had three foot surgeries, broken my foot once, voted Democrat in every election, gained some weight and stretch marks - but all for a good reason, owned three different cars, plucked more gray hairs than my stylist knows about, been a brunette, blonde, and redhead, laughed more than I've cried, watched my oldest daughter start kindergarten, and marveled at how quickly times goes by when you aren't looking....

I started the decade as an almost-27-year-old (practically) single woman living alone in a small apartment, looking for a job.

I am ending the decade as a nearly 37-year-old married mother of two, living in her dream house with her husband, daughters, two dogs and one cat, and I am once again looking for a job.

Time flies when you're having fun.

[Oh and for those of you wondering what my resolutions are, I need to disclose that I am not making resolutions this year. Instead I am setting goals.

And so, my goals for 2010 are: losing weight (I am not putting an exact number here, because I don't want to fail...I just want to lose weight), exercising more, finding a great job (career) that makes me happy, blogging more, and becoming a member of the 2011 Disney Mom's Panel.]

Wishing you all a very Happy 2010!

May all your dreams come true.

5 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you are setting GOALS not using the old "resolutions." Good for you.

    Congratulations on your big list of accomplishments (Twilight 10 times in one year!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Iris...not sure that reading/obsessing over Twilight is an accomplishment...it's probably more like "golly, I think I need a 12-step program!" hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I enjoyed this post very much.)

    ReplyDelete