3.05.2010

Feel Good Friday - This week's fab 5

Spring is in the air ... at least for the next few days. I don't want to get too excited, because we all know Mother Nature has a nasty attitude lately - but sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-40s? I'll take it.

This week has been long, exhausting and not so much fun - the entire family has been sick - but I'm determined to find five things that made me feel 'good'!

1. Shamrock Shakes - Yep. Food is first on my list this week. Having bronchitis really puts a damper on my ability to actually TASTE anything - so I haven't wanted to eat this week. At all. And really, that is so NOT like me. (C'mon, have you seen me? I obviously like food.) But, I took the girls to McDonald's yesterday for lunch and let me tell you - that Shamrock Shake was the BEST THING I HAD ALL WEEK.

2. Things my kids say - This week every time I cough (which has been a lot), Emma looks at me and says "You OK mommy?" And Olivia's newest is: "You're the best mama in the whole world."

3. Knowing 'celebrities' have issues with their kids too - I was watching Good Morning America the other day and they ran this story on how you can get your kids to sleep in their own beds. Imagine my surprise (and I will admit, JOY) when the person doing the story (Cameron Mathison, soap star and DWTS contestant) was the person with the kids/sleep issue! And, George Stephanopouls admitted this is something he and his wife struggle with too! What? Famous people have problems? No way!

This is something we struggle with (and have been struggling with for several years). Olivia has a tendency to come into our bed in the middle of the night. We used to put her back in her bed and then that became a nightly struggle and no one was getting any sleep so now we just let her stay. In our bed. And no one gets good sleep. Which leads to cranky kids and crankier parents. But for some reason this week, Olivia has slept in her bed every single night. For the whole night! I think it's because she's been sick and is so tired that she doesn't wake up in the middle of the night. We'll see if it continues.

4. Antibiotics - Generally this would not be something that makes me happy, but this week I have to say I am happy to take antibiotics. I feel so much better today than I did on Monday, and it's all thanks to those little pills. Take that, germs!

5. The weather - Normally 40 and sunny would not make me so giddy. But it has been so cold and so miserable this winter, I can't help but be thrilled at the weather lately. I actually drove around with my car window rolled down yesterday (granted, I also had the heat on in the car!). The snow is melting. The birds are chirping. There are little buds on the trees. Spring is so close....


So there you have it - five things that made me 'feel good' this week.

Join in, won't you? Check out "Feel Good Friday" here!

9 comments:

  1. Oh man, I've had sleeping issues w/ Kylie for the past 5 yrs.... since she was born. I've tried everything. The best solution I can offer is we made her a "bed" (comforter, blanket, pillow) on our floor. So when she comes in in the middle of the night, she is allowed to go on the floor. So I'm woken up for a few minutes, but the rest of the night everyone sleeps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've thought about that - making a 'bed' on our floor. But knowing Olivia, she'd refuse to sleep there. LOL.

    The GMA story actually said the parents should sleep in their kid's room for a week. On an air mattress!!! Not sure about that solution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends of mine just make a bed on the floor for their 3 y/o girl. Beats having to share the bed is what she says!
    I agree with the weather being just fabulous. Sure it means my dogs get muddy feet, but it also means the grass is showing and the sun is melting things! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how 40 degrees makes us want to jump for joy? IF it is 40 in May we are moaning and groaning!

    I, too, am allexcited for Spring - everything is melting and it is so exciting!!

    PS. Are you sure it isn't the celebrity nannies who are having the trouble?! I am totally kidding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max had sleep issues and we tried the baby mattress on the floor beside our bed for a LOONNNGG time- then transfered him to his room with a trundle bed for us to sleep with him- that actually worked pretty well. He'd fall asleep then we'd go back to our bed.

    Sam came home today and said "I think I need to go to the Dr." I asked why- he replied in a funny voice- "Because I think I have SPRING FEVER!" Very cute! I've been driving around all day with my window down lovin' it!! (I'm sick, too...hope you feel better! This just stinks!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL re: the "I have spring fever!" comment!

    I do hope you feel better too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these posts....I need to start listing mine. Feeling HUGE lately and down...need to focus on the happy things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sassy: thank you...it really helps me focus at the end of the week - even if it seems like the entire week was horrid, i MUST find 5 things that made me feel good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy. Shamrock shakes. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete