8.16.2010

Sometimes you just have one of those days

So, on my way to work this morning I witnessed a three-car accident.

I was one lane over and one car back from the third car involved in the crash. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but all of a sudden I heard screeching of brakes, crunching metal and shattering glass. No, more like exploding glass. And then nothing.

There was a red car smashed into the front of a Mercedes SUV and then another silver car sitting next to the red car.

Suddenly everyone not involved in the accident seemed to be dialing 9-1-1 ... we all had phones to our ears as I looked around.

I still don't know what happened -- but a coworker who drove past minutes later said at least 2 of the people were out of their cars ... so that's a good sign.

Suffice it to say .... witnessing the wreck was not the most stressful part of my day.

Oh no....that came much later.

Without going into much detail, let's just say that I'm in communications and we had a 'situation' at work today and I was the person who had to be interviewed by the local media.

My boss and I spent several hours coming up with good 'talking points' ... which was very beneficial since I've only been on the job for 3 1/2 weeks. I really didn't want to screw this up.

I saw one of the news stories tonight.
I think I looked like a dork...but my sister said it was good. (She's biased).

Overall, I am just happy that today is almost over.

I'm channeling my inner Scarlett O'Hara right now .... tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment