...I'd buy you a house.
I'd buy me a house.
In Golden Oaks.
And then I'd be able to live IN the Walt Disney World Resort.
And all would be right with the world.
This begs the question - how many of YOU bought a Mega Millions ticket today?
How many did you buy?
But most importantly what would you do with $355 million???
I have a short list of what I would do if I ever win the lottery:
1. Pay off my law school loans. Because honestly, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
2. Pay off our mortgage.
3. Pay off all our credit card debt.
4. Buy a house in Golden Oaks (see above).
5. Buy into the Disney Vacation Club.
6. Take a cruise. To Europe. So I don't have to fly over the ocean.
7. Donate to several charities.
8. Invest. (Because my dad is my CPA and he'd insist that we invest).
9. Pay cash for my kids' college education. In advance.
10. Never have to worry about bills/debts/loans again.
Before I would do any of that however, I would call in "rich" to work.
It would go something like this:
Me: Hi. It's me.
Boss: Hi. What's up?
Me: Well, I'm not coming into work today.
Boss: Why? Are you sick?
Me: No. I'm rich. I won the lottery last night.
Boss: Oh. Um....[awkward silence that lasts a few minutes]
Me: Don't worry...the organization is my list of places I'm donating $1million to.
Boss: Oh. OK! We'll miss you. Have fun counting your money.
***back to reality***
In all seriousness, it would be great to win the lottery.
Heck, I'd be happy with $1 million.
I'm not greedy.
I'd even share this $355 million with a few other lucky folks.
If you bought a ticket...good luck and pixie dust to you!