1.02.2011

It's a new year!

Yes.
OK.
I'm sure you're well aware that it is now day two of 2011.

And, I actually wrote the CORRECT year on the checks I had to write today.
I consider that a victory for me.
It's the small things, you know?

So...new year, new resolutions?
Nope.
I don't make resolutions.

Why?
Because I never keep them.
(Really who does?)

I've made resolutions in the past - you know, "I'm going to lose 40 pounds, and get in shape, and balance my checkbook every day, and only drink Starbucks on days that end in 'y' ".

Things like that.
I never, ever, ever keep those resolutions.
Well, except for the drinking Starbucks thing - I CAN do that.

Sure, I could set "goals" or "make plans" ... but really, I know what I need to do.
I just need to DO THEM.

Today, I cleaned out the home office.
I found nearly a year's worth of pay stubs and bank statements piled up on the floor in the corner.
OK. I didn't really "find" them...more like, I FINALLY put them away in the file cabinet in their proper folders marked "pay stubs 2010" and "bank statements 2010".

(And at this point you're probably thinking my home office looks like something from "Hoarders" ...but really it doesn't. It was one small pile in the corner, out of sight. You know..out of sight, out of mind.)

See?
I got 2010 all organized.
On the second day of 2011.

What I need to do is put things away in their proper folders as we receive them.
And after I balance the checkbook, which needs to be done on a regular basis and not just at the last minute every Sunday night as I'm writing the very painful $266 weekly check to daycare.

I also put all the laundry away.
Today.
The same day that it was finished.
You know, instead of just digging through the basket and then "rewashing" the unfolded laundry because I don't want to be bothered with putting it away.

I am learning!
It's not that I'm lazy or messy or any of those things.
Actually I'm sort of obsessed with keeping the house clean.
it just seems like certain things always get put last on my list - like laundry, which I detest.

But....
I have felt very unorganized since mid-2010.
I need to be organized..for my own sanity and peace of mind.

And yes, I need to lose weight.
I'll work on that.
After the two birthday parties next weekend and Emma's party in three weeks.
(heehee)

So, in 2011....I will get MORE organized, drop some lbs, put the laundry away, file things on time, and blog more.

We'll see how this all worked out in about 363 days.

Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment