12.31.2010

12 months + 104 blog posts = 2010

Yeah, I never said I was good at math.
But I just looked and this year was rather pathetic for this little blog o' mine.
It started out strong....12 posts in January, 14 in February and 20 in March.
And then...it just stopped.

What's my excuse for such lackluster blogging for the last eight months?
Work. Life. Kids.
All of which aren't really excuses.
So, really I have no good excuse for not blogging.
I just didn't do it.

If I have one "resolution" for 2011 it is this - I will blog more.
Really.
I will.

But for now, let's talk about 2010, shall we?
As I type this post, we have about 8 1/2 hours left in this year.

And what a year it's been.
(Um, you might want to grab a snack...I just realized this post is rather wordy).

I've been to Walt Disney World FOUR times.
Yeah, four times.
I've met so many incredible people on those travels.
I've formed amazing friendships.
I can't wait to go back!

Oh, and I got a job.

So, let's recap a bit, shall we?

January - Kevin and I made our first solo trips (i.e. sans kids) to WDW - he had a trade show to attend for work and I tagged along because aside from my plane ticket (and our park tickets) it was FREE, and you can't beat free. The trip was fast, but fun. And we had the chance to hang out with Don and Mary - two of the nicest people I know. Kevin and I had a marathon day at the Magic Kingdom - 12 hours with no rest - but it was so worth it!

February - Despite Mother Nature's best effort, I was able to escape the Blizzard of 2010 and made it to Orlando (two days early!) for the first-ever Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. I could write an entire blog post (or 10) about the awesomeness that is #DisneySMMoms. But if you want to read about it (again) you can read this, this, and this. The three day event was the most amazing, incredible, awe-inspiring thing I think I have ever experienced. Aside from the hotel (The Polynesian!) and the food, and Joe Jonas, and the magic around every corner ... well, it came down to the people. And the women I finally met in person (after "knowing" each other online for many months) are amazing, incredible, funny, talented, beautiful...and some of my very dearest friends. I would list you all - but you know who you are. I cannot wait to see you in March 2011!

March - For some reason, I wrote 20 blog posts in March this year. I think I just had a lot to say. The biggest thing about March - other than the day Emma shoved a potato chip up her nose - was that Kevin and I decided to surprise the girls with a trip to Disney.

April - We're going to Disney World! Again, Mother Nature tried to spoil my plans with a torrential rain event ... but we fooled her and left a day early on our road trip to Orlando. Which meant, we had an extra day in my favorite city. Chalk that up to a #win for us. The trip to Disney was beyond magical, of course. I had the chance to spend some time with Rora and Maria, and we were able to meet Princess Tiana (yay!). I didn't ever want to leave Disney, but we had to because I was starting a new job.

May - I started a new job. It sucked. A lot.

June - Still at the new job. Still sucking. A lot. But wait...there's a light at the end of the tunnel maybe. I see a job posting in the paper. It sounds perfect. I apply and get an interview. Funny thing? The interview is exactly one year after my last day at the university (the job that vanished thanks to the economy in 2009). Could this be a sign?

July - Oh. Em. Gee. July 6, 2010 - I got the job! I nearly cried when the HR person offered me the job. It's a communications manager position. Full time. Full benefits. I tell my "boss" on July 7 that I'm leaving. He doesn't even look up from what he's doing and merely says "OK" - then kicks me out of the office two hours later (well, OK...technically he told someone else to tell me that I had to leave that day). I have never been so happy to walk out of a building in my ENTIRE life. It really was the second worst job I've ever had (the first would take an entire book for me to discuss...maybe another time).

August - The new job is good. Yeah, that's the word - good. I like what I'm doing. And I realize that I'm not blogging nearly enough. And, Olivia golfs in her first golf tournament...she's a natural!

September - Holy crow! My Olivia starts first grade!!! How did that happen??? I was worried (of course) about how she would adjust to all day school...but, as usual, Olivia was perfectly fine. She loves school. I'm happy. And, my blog turns five years old. Happy Bloggy Birthday, Fishbowl.

October - Two words: Epic October. Yeah, my fourth trip to WDW was a whirlwind 34 hour adventure that was in a word - epic. It was basically a last-minute trip - fly down on Friday night and home on Sunday morning - but it was so worth the delayed flights and sheer exhaustion. JL and Jackie picked me up at nearly midnight at the airport and then we were on the GO the next day. Read about it here. While E.O. was amazing, I also saw my dreams of making the Disney Moms Panel vanish yet again. It was devastating, but everything happens for a reason.

November - Um...I voted. And ate turkey. And yeah...that's about it.

December - Well, here we are. The end of the year. The holidays are nearly over (whew)...and I have to say the highlight of this month was finding out that I am attending the 2011 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. I can't wait to experience this event again - and room with Tracie, JL, and Ashely...at the Grand Floridian!

I think 2010 was a pretty good year.
I had fun. I got a job.
I laughed a lot.

And now, as I look forward to 2011, I wish all of you a very happy new year and much love, laughter and magic for next year!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Awesome recap!!!! Yeah, I was a slacker on the blogging this year, too, except my excuse was bedrest and the new baby! I hope to get back into the swing of things in 2011. I can't wait to see you and everyone again in March!!!!! Miss you. Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you again in March! I saw someone tweeted today that it's ONLY 75 days!!!!

    happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your recap. :) And I, for one, look forward to you writing more. :)

    Happy 2011, Traci!

    :)

    ReplyDelete