5.30.2011

Sunshine, pool time and pina coladas

After the longest, coldest, snowiest, most miserable winter (and spring) in memory...today's heat and humidity were actually a relief. Yes, it was probably about 95 degrees with 1,000% humidity, but I didn't care.

Why is it that this sudden onset of summer (skipping spring altogether) didn't bother me?

Let me count the ways....

1. I wasn't at work so that right there made it a good day.
2. I was with my family ... adds to the goodness of the day.
3. We spent most of the day at the pool .... where I spent most of the day in the shade. (Yes, I am anti-sun for the most part. I see no need to be tan).
4. While at the pool, I had a really yummy pina colada...at about 1:30 in the afternoon. Yeah, that's the life.

I did have a #mommyfail today - both kids are sunburned. I applied the SPF 50 over and over again today...but they are still sporting red cheeks, red noses, and in Emma's case, a sunburned lower back. [sigh] I feel like a bad, bad mommy.

I hope you all had a lovely Memorial Day with family and friends.

Here's to a great summer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment