7.22.2011

After the heatwave...five question Friday

So, it's Friday night and I just baked some blueberry struesel muffins (baking really is therapeutic, you know) and now I'm trying to amuse myself while the kids watch Nickelodeon and my husband stares at ESPN. Yep, this is the exciting life I lead. :)

For my amusement (probably more than yours), here's Five Question Friday...

1. If your husband had the BIG V and you got pregnant, what would your first reaction be? (For the dudes, what would your first reaction be if your wife told you she was pregnant after the Big V?) OK, I have to admit, this question made me (1) squirm a bit and (2) laugh OUT LOUD. But in all fairness, I will answer. If I got pregnant for ANY REASON at this point in my life I would most likely freak the heck out. And then after calming down, I'd accept it. And then I'd freak out some more.

2. Best memory about this summer so far? Our family vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort in June. It was the most amazing eight days ... from the resort (Beach Club) to the parks (so fun!) to the food (amazing) ... I didn't want to come home. The girls keep asking when we are going back to WDW. I tell them "not soon enough."

3. How often do you change your sheets? Your kids' sheets? I try to do it every week or so. Sometimes it ends up being 10 days. Or two weeks. How embarrassing. Which reminds me...I need to wash the sheets tomorrow.

4. Having just gone through TSA, would you rather have a full body scan or a pat down? Um, I think I'll vote for the full body scan (and have now probably just jinxed myself for the next time I fly to Orlando). I don't want some stranger patting me down in the airport. Save that for the creepy looking dude behind me.

5. Since it is fair time....what is your favorite fair (state or county) memory? See, I used to be a reporter in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania. And every summer there is a huge county fair in Bloomsburg. And in the summer of 1995 I had to cover the county fair. For two weeks. I even wrote a column about it that focused on all the bizarre things you see at a county fair. I wrote stories about the crazy "carnies" and the odd things they sell. I wrote a story about the mashed potato and Jello wrestling. I had to witness a mashed potato wrestling match. In 95 degree heat. Imagine the smell. And that my dear readers is my, um, favorite fair memory.

If you want to link up to the Five Question Friday fun, check out My Little Life.

2 comments:

  1. I would think that the favorite part of that memory would be the walking away! LOL
    http://trgarris.blogspot.com/2011/07/1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one…
    Hi there!
    Followed you here from 5QF, hope you can follow me back…
    Here’s mine:
    http://emotera.me/5qf-hometown-fair/
    Just for a Thought
    My Prince  Macoi
    Trying Hard Techie
    Emotera
    My All
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete