7.21.2011

Heatwave

Remember in February when I was complaining about the ice and snow and bitterly cold temps?
It was around that time when I swore I would not complain about the heat this summer, because we had nearly frozen solid during the winter.

Yeah well, I lied.
I am now going to complain about this heat.

Right now as I type this at 1:35 p.m., it is currently 98 degrees outside. The heat index is 106. It could get as high as 115 degree heat index.

That is H.O.T.
Fry an egg on the sidewalk hot.

I saw a weather related photo online today ... it said "Satan called. He wants his weather back."
Yeah, it's Hades-HOT out there.

The girls and I have been "trapped" in the house for the last few days because it's too hot to do anything outside. We haven't even ventured to the pool because, well, it's too hot.

Mother Nature, really. Why is this necessary? Why do you feel the need to cook us? Why can't we just have have "normal" summer temperatures for northwest Ohio? You know...like 85 and sunny? That would be much, much better.

It's crazy stupid hot outside and I don't like it one bit.

1 comment:

  1. That made me smile: "Satan called. He wants his weather back."

    --

    I cannot even begin to tell you how much I get it. This time of year has always been our "winter." It's when we hibernate because in Cabo it's TOO hot to live outside. Boo for you guys.

    ReplyDelete