9.06.2011

Happy Blogiversary to The Fishbowl



Six years ago today I started writing this blog.
This was my first post.

I was a stay-at-home mom at the time, teaching part-time at a local college. Olivia was almost 18 months old. Hurricane Katrina had just decimated New Orleans and the Gulf Coast. And I felt the URGE, the NEED to write.

I had been blogging since August 2005 at my "first" blog (at the time called "Toddler Timeouts"). I had a plan that I'd blog over there about Olivia (and any future siblings) but decided I needed another blog where I could write about anything and everything.

And hence, 'the view from my fishbowl' was born.

Since that September day six years ago I've written 930 posts. That doesn't seem like much, does it? I have more posts sitting in "draft" but they may likely never see the light of day. Sometimes I just have to get my thoughts down "on screen" and if they turn into a post, great. If not, it wasn't meant to be.

I have gone through "dry spells" where the urge to write has gone away. And, I have blogged through practically every day of a month just to prove to myself that I could do it.

I blog about life here in The Fishbowl. I blog about my kids, my husband, Disney World vacations, politics (sometimes), jobs, horrible bosses, reality tv, social media and well...just about anything else. I also have giveaways at times. This really is a blog about everything....as seen from my little fishbowl here in northwest Ohio.

For my readers, I thank you for coming back even after I've been rather grumpy in a post. Or after I've been MIA for a bit due to whatever it is that takes me away from my blogging. I don't do this for Google analytics or page rank or any of those things. I blog because I love to write. The fact that people actually READ what I write, well that's just extra icing on this little bloggy cake.

So, happy birthday to my little Fishbowl.
And thanks for visiting.
See you real soon.

3 comments: