11.10.2011

Terrible Thursday

Remember on Monday when I wrote about "potentially" good news?

Yeah, well it wasn't good news.

I just got rejected for a job that I've wanted for more than a decade.
They "really liked me" but "were fortunate enough to have a very talented pool" from which to choose.

They liked me enough to call all my references last week.
Guess that wasn't enough.

Oh, and then I got more bad news.

And I'm sure my former employer - the devil and her minions - are celebrating today.
That celebration will be short lived however, because unlike THEM, I intend to tell the truth.
And the truth will win in the end.

Today has been one of the worst days I've had in a very, very long time.
I don't think I've cried this much in YEARS.
I feel completely defeated.

So I guess this must be what rock bottom feels like.

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I wish I could take you out for a nosh and a drink. Hang in there ((big hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen - thank you so much my friend. You have no idea how wonderful it would be to be able to go out for some quality friend time right now. Everytime I think I've cried myself out...I find more to cry about. [sigh]

    ReplyDelete