8.22.2013

Happy First Day of School!

My fourth and first graders!
Today was the day - time to head back to the classroom. End of summer break. Back to our regularly scheduled programming. And all that jazz.

I heard a lot of people saying "wow, summer just flew by!" and yeah it sort of seems like it did. The kids got out of school in early June and the next two weeks were filled with religious education classes (not fun but necessary). Then July started out with a bang celebrating the 4th of July.

The girls had golf every Friday and then in late July we headed to Connecticut for a few days, and had a chance to spend two days in New York City. That was a really fun trip and I promise I'll be writing more about our NYC adventures soon.

Then July was over and it was suddenly August and the girls finished their golfing summer with a tournament where Emma was the "club champion" in her age group (for girls AND boys) and Olivia placed second for her age group.

And then it was time to do some back-to-school shopping and get organized for school. Just like that summer was officially OVER.

I think the kids had a good summer - it rained a lot and we didn't get to do as much as I would have liked. I've also realized that being a work-at-home mom is really difficult during the summer months. Emma even said "all you do is work, mommy." (LOL).

But the girls managed to find fun things to do - Emma mastered several games on the Wii and devoured many, many books. She also learned to ride her bike without training wheels! Olivia discovered the Rainbow Loom and our house is full of rubber band bracelets.

As it is, I think the kids were ready to head back to the classroom and I KNOW that I was ready to get back to some sort of schedule - for work and play.

So...if you're kidlets are headed back today, tomorrow, or next week (or if they have already gone back to school), happy back-to-school time! Here's to a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment