9.13.2014

Random Weekend Musings

For the first time in forever I have the house all to myself on a weekend.

Sure, I work from home which means I'm here all by myself Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. But to be home, all alone on a weekend? It's kind of nice.

Of course I am sitting at my computer getting ready to write some stories for work but at least I have a few hours of silence where I can actually get work done.

But as I'm sitting here attempting to work through the writer's block that has me stuck on a headline (I can't start writing the story until I have a headline and I'm stuck), I figured it was as good a time as any to get a few thoughts out here on the ol' blog.

The Fishbowl celebrated its 9th birthday this week. Yep, that's right I've been doing this thing called blogging for nine years. Woot.

The weather has turned much, much colder around here in the past couple of days. Last week it was HOT and even at the beginning of this past week I had the A/C running. And now? It's 67 degrees INSIDE my house (and a mere 59 degrees outside) and I'm TOTALLY FREEZING.

But I refuse to turn on the heat. It's only September 13. The heat is NOT being turned on until at least October. I hope.

Speaking of fall...all things pumpkin spice are back. I had my first PSL from Starbucks this week and it was heavenly. I can't say the same about the Pumpkin Spice M&Ms. Those are just weird. I want to like them but I can bring myself to eat more than a few at a time. I think I'll stick to the peanut M&Ms.

I'm also discovering that I'm a lot less tolerant of people lately. I'm so completely done with people being rude online that it's making me crazy. I have seen so many nasty, negative, mean-spirited Facebook comments and/or tweets lately that it makes me want to do a massive social media cleanse.

Now this isn't to say that these are people I'm friends with...most of the time it's friends of friends and I just shake my head and wonder what gives those people the right to act that way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about sarcasm and snark and I have no problem throwing out a sarcastic post but I don't do it to be mean. And I've seen more than my fair share of mean online lately. Think before you post people - would you say it to that person in real life? If not, then perhaps you shouldn't post it online. Use your brains.

Also, someone said there are only 18 Fridays until Christmas. Just stop the madness. Let's get through Halloween before we start any kind of countdown to Christmas. One holiday at a time people. One at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment