10.02.2014

Don't Be a Jerk

I've written several versions of this post over the past couple of weeks and each time I find myself getting so annoyed and angry that I have to stop writing.

Here's my gripe - I am so sick and tired of all the negative, nasty, bitchy, and just downright rude comments on social media.

Seriously. Freaking. Done.

Someone can post "Oh my gosh it's such a beautiful day" and inevitably some asshat comments with "Ugh. I hate sunny days. Today sucks."

Seriously. Why do you have to be such a jerk?

I really want to ask these people - would you say that to this person if you were standing in front of her? Would you be such a bitch if you were having a face-to-face conversation with this person?

I'm going to go out on a shaky limb here and guess that the answer would be "No. Probably not."


It's the same thing over on Twitter. There are people who only exist on Twitter to make fun of other people. And it's stupid. And childish. And very rude.

We get it. You're an unhappy, bitter, jealous person who has nothing better to do with your life than belittle the hard work that other people put out there. But you know what? If you're going to be a smart ass first you have to be SMART. Otherwise you're just an ASS.

I really don't understand the need, the desire to be rude on Facebook and Twitter. What are you trying to prove by posting a jerky comment on an otherwise fun and positive status update? Are you trying to be witty? If so, you have failed miserably. Or maybe you're just unhappy and bitter and jealous and maybe you need a break from social media.

Here are a few tips:
1. If you wouldn't say something in person maybe you shouldn't post it as a comment on Facebook.
2. Think before you type.
3. If you can't say anything nice, shut the hell up.

Whew.
I feel a little better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment