7.16.2015

Fell Off My Unicorn

Yes you read that right.

I fell off my unicorn.

Or at least that's what I'm going to tell people for the next TWO WEEKS when they ask why I'm on crutches.

I'm sick and tired of trying to explain why I'm on crutches.

This is why I'm "out of commission" right now: Four long years ago I was "training" for a 5K and I was also on antibiotics (ciproflaxin to be exact) ... and I partially ruptured my Achilles tendon. That injury didn't heal properly and it ended up causing Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, and post tibular tendonitis. Fast-foward to right here and now and my post tib tendonitis has been getting worse and worse over the last 3 years and now I'm to the point that if I can't get it "calmed down" I'm looking at a cast or possibly even reconstructive surgery.

Dear post tib tendon: Calm. The. F**K. Down. Please.

But honestly I can't ramble on for minutes telling people that lame ass story about partially ruptured tendons and never-ending tendonitis. It's boring. And it's stupid. And people just end up staring at me like "WTF is this crazy woman talking about?"

Which brings me to the unicorn.

I am now telling people that I'm on crutches and in a walking boot because I fell off my unicorn.

Like this:


Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment