7.18.2015

Four Years

This was in my Time Hop today:


Four years ago today I quit my job with the Trolls. I sent my resignation via email to the corporate office in Cincinnati, told the regional manager I was quitting, packed up my office, and walked out of the WORST. JOB. IN. THE. HISTORY. OF. EVER.

That Facebook post seen above was exactly how I felt on July 18, 2011.

FREEDOM..
Four year ago.

It's crazy that it's been FOUR YEARS. A lot has happened since then.

Professionally, I've been working from home since 2012 and I love it.

The job I've been in for the past 2 1/2 years is the BEST JOB EVER and I thank my lucky stars every day for this job. I love what I'm doing. I work for someone who respects me and respects my work. I adore my co-workers - we're a TEAM even though we are scattered throughout the country.

So it seems that four years is the point in time where that old job is just a distant memory that can't have a negative effect on my anymore. In the 12 months after I quit I was still dealing with the damage that months of bullying did to me.

But now?

Now I trust my ability to do a good job.
I trust my ability as a writer.
I feel confident in my work.

And did I mention that I love my job?

Yeah. You know you're in the right job when you wake up every single morning and think "I can't wait to get to work." Two and a half years into this job and it still excites me. THAT is key to job happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment