7.21.2015

Grumpy

Yes, I'm grumpy.
I'm irritable.
I'm annoyed.

I've been on these stupid crutches and wearing this ridiculous walking boot since July 9. I will be stuck with them until July 30.

That is NINE MORE DAYS.

Nine more days of no driving. Of asking people to take me places. Of sending my husband to the grocery store.

Nine more days of being annoyed.

I have no idea if this whole walking-boot-crutches-non-weight-bearing nonsense is working. I'm still having pain in my ankle. It's not as swollen as it was, but it still hurts.

And NO. I'm not doing 100 percent non-weight bearing 100 percent of the time. Because I can't. I have to walk up the stairs without crutches. I have to stand in the shower on two feet. It is damn near impossible to NOT put weight on my foot at times.

Plus...have you seen me? There's no way I can NOT put weight on my foot. I mean, c'mon. I'm talented and all but damn I have CURVES. That isn't happening.

Also, I'm sick and tired of not being able to drive. I'm one of those annoying Type A independent I CAN DO THIS MYSELF!!! type of people. Which means when someone says "Oh, can I get you anything?" or "Let me know if you need help"....my response is going to be NO.

It's not that I don't appreciate the offers (I really do) ... it's just that I hate needing help. Like I really, really, really don't like it. At all.

I want to get in my car and run my own errands.
I want to go to the gym. (Never thought I'd say THAT...but I haven't been to the gym in TWO WEEKS and I actually miss working out. Which just makes me grumpier.)

And yes, I realize that I'm stubborn.
This is NOT a news flash.

So if you happen to see me or talk to me in the next nine days and I seem a bit a lot grumpy, don't take it personally.

I'm just in a bad mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment