8.18.2015

Back to School

The house is strangely quiet this morning.
There's no music. No Cartoon Network. No "Just Dance" on the Wii.
No fighting.
Just quiet.

Today they went back to school.

Olivia started junior high middle school today. She's in 6th grade - I refuse to call that junior high. Back in the day (you know, back in the 80s) 6th grade was STILL in elementary school. Where it SHOULD BE.

But I digress...


My baby isn't a baby anymore.
She's a smart and sassy 6th grader.

Also, I cried as she got on the bus to go to MIDDLE SCHOOL. Thankfully the bus stop was a few houses down so I didn't embarrass her. (I may or may not have cried for a good 10 minutes AFTER the bus drove away. But I'm not admitting anything.)

And Emma? She's starting third grade. She's riding the bus for the FIRST TIME without her big sister. They won't be in the same school again UNTIL HIGH SCHOOL (you know, ,when Liv is a senior and Emma is a freshman). Sigh...

My big girl...


Seriously look at the legs on this kid. She's all legs. Hello basketball scholarship. ;)
Emma is so excited for third grade - she got the teacher she (and we) wanted! And, as an added bonus I managed to NOT cry when she got on the bus.

All in all I hope this is going to be a good year.

Happy back to school day!


No comments:

Post a Comment