7.31.2015

The Good, the Bad, and the Crutches

So yesterday was my "three week follow up" at the ortho surgeon's office.

Good news: I can "ease off" the crutches. Which in my world means throw those bitches to the curb. I'm done trying to go "non-weight bearing." Buh-bye.

Other good news: I can drive again. As long as it doesn't hurt. Well, guess what? It freaking HURTS like a mother. But, I'm going to drive. Because I'm sick of being driven around like a 42-year-old Miss Daisy. I'll limit how much I drive.

Meh news: I'm stuck in this damn walking boot for another four weeks. Maybe six weeks. Maybe longer. Who knows.

Also, I have to do 4-6 weeks of physical therapy. I despise physical therapy. It hurts. It makes me miserable. But I'll do it.

Why?

Because my end goal is to walk around Walt Disney World Resort for a week in November without pain.

Seems like a good goal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment