Yes, I really DO understand that I live in Ohio but damn. This is cold. I'm currently sitting at my desk wearing two shirts AND a sweater (and pants, duh) AND I'm drinking hot coffee. And I'm still cold.
Which brings me to today's random thoughts:
1. I. Hate. Winter. That's not really an earth-shattering announcement. I told my husband over the weekend that we should move to Florida. Or North Carolina. And was totally NOT kidding.
2. I didn't make New Year's resolutions. I figure it is still January (seriously the LONGEST MONTH OF THE YEAR) so I can still talk about resolutions. Or the lack thereof. What I did decide as the clock struck midnight (OK, it was actually a few days before and I was sound asleep at midnight at New Year's Eve) was this: I don't really care. Now that might sound all Negative Nancy but let me explain. I don't care about certain things anymore. I don't care about the newest fad diet that you're trying. I don't care about your drama. - real or imagined. I don't care about things that (1) I can't (or don't want to) control, (2) have no impact on my life, or (3) just don't interest me at all. I have enough really good stuff going on in my life (and enough crappy stuff too) where I don't need to worry/care/stress/fret about things that don't concern me, don't impact me, don't matter to me. Not my circus. Not my monkeys.
3. I love my job. That's all.
4. I love knowing that there are
5. Stop being jerks to people. Seriously you guys, it isn't funny. It isn't funny when your kids are assholes to other kids. It isn't funny when you're an asshole to other parents. It's crappy and immature and if your life is that freaking miserable that you have to channel all your anger and frustration (and jealousy) onto other parents and their kids, perhaps it is time to reevaluate what is making you so unhappy and change it. You get one freaking go-around on this crazy ride called life so why not make the most of it and actually BE F*CKING HAPPY instead of working really f*cking hard on being miserable and negative all the time.
[I told you that language was possible on this blog. It's totally a PG-13 to R rating. No apologies.]
Oh yeah that "try one new recipe a week" thing? I made two last week. Damn I'm good. The Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup was a hit (Olivia ate THREE BOWLS at dinner). The Farfalle with Mushrooms and Spinach was good but it really needed a Parmesan cream sauce so I'll have to rework it. This week I'm going to (finally) make Paula Deen's potato soup recipe that everyone raves about. I hate potato soup so this ought to be interesting.
Happy Monday all.