2.01.2016

Monday Musings - FEBRUARY!

We made it to February.

And for some totally f**ked up reason I can't FOR THE LIFE OF ME spell F-E-B-R-U-A-R-Y correctly.

I have no idea why I'm having such a difficult time spelling the month of my BIRTHDAY correctly but there it is. I'm failing at spelling right now.

So..it's 2:03 p.m. as I'm typing this so here's what is running through my brain right now:

1. It's Iowa Caucus day. Which means I'll be watching CNN tonight as soon as dinner is over. OK, who am I kidding? I've been sneaking peeks at CNN and MSNBC all day. I know that Iowa doesn't "really matter" in the long run but as a political junkie I'm totally hooked. Also, the more I hear from/about Bernie Sanders the more I'm beginning to #FeelTheBern. True story.

2. My birthday is in 11 days. You know how I feel about that? Meh. I mean birthdays are great and all - and totally better than the alternative - but honestly I'm like "yep, it's my birthday, whatevs." I want sushi for lunch and Inky's pizza for dinner and I want to stay home that Friday night and do nothing. I told my sister the we can go out the next night to see 'Pride + Prejudice + Zombies' ONLY if it gets a good review. My husband asked me what I want for my birthday. I said "can't think of anything I need." I'd love a plane ticket to Orlando and a few days at Disney by myself but that's not happening. :)

3. I have a blog post sitting in the drafts that is all about the current health issue Olivia is dealing with. I'm not sure when/if I'm going to publish it. I mean, on one hand it's not a secret (well, OK...it sort of is since I've only told a few people). And on the other hand...well, honestly I can't think of a good reason to not publish it. Olivia is OK with me telling people - she's just not talking about it with her friends. And isn't not a a life-or-death health issue. It's just...well...it is what it is. So. Much. Vaguebooking.

4. They're predicting thunderstorms tomorrow night around here. I'm totally excited about that. The 55 mph wind gusts? Not so much. But bring on the thunder.

5. Just realized it is a Leap Year. Yay for 29 days of February. Use that "extra day" wisely my friends. 

OH! My "one new recipe a week" thing? Yeah, it's going OK so far. Last week I made this amazing BBQ chicken pizza dipper recipe and it was de-LISH. I'm not sure what this week's new recipe will be. I need to find inspiration. Tonight we're having meatloaf and there isn't anything inspiring about that.

And..I haven't gone to the gym since November. Ugh. But I am (once again) giving up eating at night for Lent. It helped last year. And it stopped helping when I decided ice cream was better than nothing. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment