3.07.2016

Yep. Monday.

I'm going to skip my regularly scheduled program of random Monday afternoon thoughts today and just focus on one thing.

Medical stuff to be exact.

Long story short: for about the last 6 weeks or so I've been having pain in my hands, wrist, elbows, and shoulders. Nothing unbearable but a lot of joint pain. At first I ignored it ... like "wow, I guess this is what happens when you turn 43." Then it got annoying. And the pain got worse.

So last week I went to the doctor - and we all know how much I detest the doctor - and after listening to my symptoms she said it sounds like it could be rheumatoid arthritis but she's not 100 percent sure. So I had to do a blood test AND get X-rays on my hand (due to swelling and pain in my thumb joint).

The results so far: X-ray is "normal" .. whatever that means. My thumb joint still hurts and it's still swollen so I guess that's "normal" now. And, while my RA factor was "normal" my ANA levels are "elevated."

The doctor isn't sure why they are elevated or what it means - so now I have to see a rheumatologist to figure out what the hell is going on. Basically an elevated ANA level could indicate an auto-immune disease (like RA or something else) or it could mean nothing.

So right now I'm at a "wait-and-see" standpoint and won't know anything until I see a rheumatologist. Until then I'll just deal with the almost-constant aches and pains and keep on keepin' on. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment