7.26.2016

I Still #FeelTheBern But I'm Not #BerineOrBust

So I stayed up WAY too late last night watching the first night of the Democratic National Convention. And it was totally worth it.

I'm a political junkie and have no problem admitting it. I love the conventions (well, OK, I love the DNC...the other I can do without). For the rest of this week you'll find me on Twitter each night. ;)

Here is what I'm currently thinking about the election: I wish Bernie would have won the nomination. Woulda. Coulda. Shoulda. He didn't win. Do I think the Democratic party worked behind the scenes to make sure he didn't win? Yes. I do. I think those leaked emails show as much.

Does that mean I'm going to vote for someone other than Hillary?

No.

Why?

Because:
1. I'm a Democrat. Always have been. Always will be.

2. Hell would have to freeze over for me to even consider voting for the Republican candidate (the one whose name I refuse to type).

3. I'm not going to pout about Bernie losing. Hell, Bernie isn't pouting (at least not in public) and I still believe in him and if he's OK supporting Hillary then I'm OK with supporting that ticket too.

4. I don't want to imagine what this country would look like with that egomaniac sociopath narcissist asshat running the show.

Look, it's simple: I wish Bernie would have won the nomination. I think he would have made a great president. But he didn't win. We have to move on. We have to unite as one party if we're going to win in November. We have to stop acting like spoiled petulant kids who just want to take their toys and go vote for a third party candidate who has no hope of winning.

As Sarah Silverman said last night to the #BernieOrBust people: You're being ridiculous.
Seriously.
Stop being ridiculous.

Democrats are no good to anyone if we splinter our party. Do I think Hillary is the best person for the job? Right now, probably yes. Am I happy that it has come to this? Honestly, I'm not thrilled about it.

But if Bernie can go on stage last night at the convention and speak to Hillary's experience and tell everyone that he thinks she's the best candidate for the job...then I can vote for her in November.

However, I'm still leaving my Bernie sign in my office window. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment