Have you noticed how Friday just seems to sneak up on you?
I swear it was JUST Monday.
But I digress.
OK...so the title says "it's been a good week" - that might be a slight exaggeration. In reality, it's been an "OK" week. Not bad, but not great either. It's just been....meh.
But, I can find five things that made me happy this week:
1. Oh my goodness, spring might have sprung! Well, at least for a few days it did. It's been sunny, warm and lovely here in northwest Ohio this week. (Except, as I type this it's foggy and a bit 'cool' outside). The girls and I were able to go outside and color the driveway and ride bikes. And. It. Was. Lovely. [And I do realize it won't last. It's going to rain all weekend and be in the 40s. As it should be in Ohio in March. Oh well.]
2. Soft serve ice cream! There is a reason I can't lose weight in the summer. It's called Mr. Freeze - our local soft serve 'hot spot'. It really is the BEST soft serve ice cream. EVAH. (No, Disney folks, I'm not saying it's better than Dole Whip. It's in a whole different category.) Mr. Freeze is only open from March through October and of course, that means it's open now! We went the other night and let me tell you, that "white mountain sundae" was heavenly.
3. Funny girls! Thanks to the warm weather, my kids have a serious case of spring fever. Case in point - for the past two days they have been spending their days running around the house IN THEIR BATHING SUITS. I kid you not. They 'play' swimming pool in the living room and keep asking "mommy when does the pool open?" Um, June 1st. That's when the pool opens. Be patient, please.
4. Steroids! I've been miserable for the past several weeks (see here). So, I went back to the doctor's office yesterday and she put me on steroids for a week. I don't want to jinx my "recovery" but my itchy, dry skin feels a bit better already. And this makes me happy.
5. Movie night! Tonight, I am headed out with my sister and our friends to see "Remember Me" and I cannot wait. Yes, I know how it ends (I always read spoilers, I can't help it. I also read the last chapter of most books before I start the first chapter. I'm weird that way.). An eagerly anticipated movie with great friends who make me laugh so hard my stomach hurts the next day? Doesn't get much better than that.
So...do you want to feel good on Friday too?
Join in here!